Sunday, June 7, 2009

Finally in Veliko Tarnovo

This hotel is pretty intense. We got here at 1ish and the hotel wasn't ready for us - so we packed back up and went to lunch. I got chicken and rice, and it was delicious. Something about having something so uniquely Southern here made my day a little better.

After lunch we came back to the hotel and got to our rooms. My room is perfect. It overlooks the city, and I get to see this massive city statue from my balcony!

A close up of the statue from my balcony.

My first hotel on this trip with a balcony, and it's the best way to end my Bulgarian hotel experience. I'd rate this place tied for second place among our hotels . . . haha

At 4 o'clock we went out for one of our last walking tours - and it helped to complete our Bulgarian sight seeing. I got to see - at Bulgarian eye level - a castle that was used to fight off the Turkish invasion. It was definitely a nice way to end our Bulgarian experience.


Tomorrow we are expecting to leave around 9 a.m. so we are getting up around 7:15 to get breakfast and a possible massage!! How nice would that be?!
There's still talk of us going to Greece next week - so who knows which day we'll actually leave. I'm hoping that it'll be Tuesday so we can get our last good night of rest on Wednesday before leaving on Thursday.
Well - here's to goodnight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment