Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Day 19 - Final Exam and Wine!

The final was pretty insane. . . it was just 3 questions, but took a full 2 hours to complete. It was intense, but it's all over. I won't know for another week how I did, because we're busy with stuff until Sunday - and then my professor is actually flying back to America. So, he said he probably won't begin grading them until Sunday or even Monday. But, it's all over and now my mind is vacation for another week!! It's a nice feeling to finally say that I'm on vacation!
After class, we all went to a local winery. Those of us of legal age got to taste the wine that's made here in Bulgaria! We got a tour of the winery, and then we got to taste 2 different types of white wines and then 2 types of red wines. I personally enjoyed the fruity white wine, and the deeper and smoother red wines . . . but I bought a bottle of the fruity white, and hopefully I'll be able to take it back to the States. I'm going to try and see if there's some way that I can wrap it up and make sure that it won't bust while on the way back.
Once we got back, Kevin and I went to one of our favorite local restaurants and enjoyed a wonderful meal with live music!! What a great way to wrap up the day . . . .
The view from the winery's front door. Crazy beautiful, eh?

Me right before the wine tasting. The chocolate and cheese
are there to cleanse your pallet between wines. Just wonderful.
And Kevin took the picture while I was laughing . . . horrible
Kevin right before the tasting . . .

Our winery tour guide, and he's also the wine master.
He was really cool, we had a connection going. It was weird,
but interesting to say the least.

Some of the many wine containers they had.

2 comments:

  1. CHOCOLATE! Now that is the way to go to cleanse a pallet! Were the grape vines next to the winery?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the own about 150 acres of land which surrounds the entire winery. It was pretty interesting.

    ReplyDelete