Sunday, May 24, 2009

Coffee culture

This country is completely centered around coffee. There are little coffee machines all over the place, every restaurant serves coffee, and there are coffee shops on every street. It's quite an interesting culture, but it's also very unique and different. They don't do anything special with drink orders, which I'm kind of sadden by. I was expecting to come over and see some artwork inside coffee drinks - but I think the Americas and Western Europe are on the leading edge of all that.

Anyway, I cannot wait to get back to Cafe Campesino and get back to my job. I really miss you guys!!

www.cafecampesino.com - the place for Fair Trade, 100% Organic coffee. From crop to cup, it's the coffee that'll make you feel good.

2 comments:

  1. Is the coffee coffee or like espresso? Do they use sugar and cream? Are there different types like we have, such as blends, bolds, etc?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's pure espresso. Kinda strange, but you can do it just like American coffee if you add water to it. I had to tell people to ask for a shot of water in it so that they could have American style coffee - so being in the coffee business helped there ;- )

    As far as blends and styles of coffee, I've only seen one: instant nescafe coffee. These people are addicted to it, too.

    ReplyDelete