Thursday, May 21, 2009

Day 5 - Just random thoughts of the morning.

There's a lot of really awesome "Green" things that the Bulgarians do. For one thing, they use every piece of land that they can to grow vegetables. We've driven past old run-down Communist buildings to find vegetable gardens in the front and the people working it. It's something quite amazing. Also, while they use vehicles in the cities - a lot of the country folk use donkeys and carriages still!! That was something to be on a massive bus and pass a donkey and an older man on the street. . . I honestly did not know what to think of that.

Also, they recycle EVERYTHING here. It's quite interesting. Definitely some good ideas we could bring back to the Cafe . . . I haven't had any coffee yet, but it's straight espresso here. It's been kinda cool to help people order their coffee drinks though so that they get exactly what they would back in the states - good 'ol Americano.

Another thing I found interesting was that the people here WANT to help you . . we're trying our best to speak the language with them, and they are so understanding when we get to a part in the sentence when we honestly don't know what to say next they start using hand signals to try and help. It's very different, but so wonderfully human. It's not often that I'm left in awe at mankind, but here these people are just wonderful.



Here's a shot from Bulgarian Air. . . at any given time we were between 36,000 or 38,000 thousand feet in the air. . . but this one was taken a little closer.




I'm thinking this will give a little better experience from the skies . . . . I won't lie - I loved every moment of it. Once we got to Paris, I knew we only had about 3 hours before we reached Sofia. I was jumping for joy then!!! Once on Bulgarian Air, I got a window seat and literally looked out the window the ENTIRE time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment