Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Day 3 - Rila Monastery

This place was amazing. The ride over was completely stunning, because on the horizon there was snow covered mountains . . . . which was amazing. The ride up to the Monastery was up through mountains - and it was completely curvy. Once at the monastery, there was a well with thawed snow water coming out and it was amazing. The water was so cold and so tasty.

Also, we got a guided tour through the entire place - which just left me with this overwhelming sense of smallness. They had relics (which I found out to mean bones) from Constantine - yes, the ruler. They also had bones from other church leaders, which just shocked me knowing that these bones are still used for religious holidays.

Then, we got a tour through the museum downstairs which was amazing.

I know I'm using the word amazing a lot so I'll stop now and possibly blog more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment