Monday, May 18, 2009

Day 1 (which became day 2 once we crossed over the Atlantic Ocean)

Day One - May 17, 2009

Arrived at the Atlanta airport at around 1:00 because I wanted to make sure I knew exactly where the terminals were and that I wouldn't be late. After getting some lunch with mom, we had about another 30 minutes to kill - so we sat around the Air France terminal and wanted. Shortly after we got there, members of my study abroad program began showing up and we all started hanging out and just getting the lay out of the area and everything. And just like that - it was 3 o'clock. All my wanting for the last 7 months finally were here, and it all weighed in. . . the bag was 40 pounds! I was legal to get my bag upon Air France without an extra fee charge - which is always a nice thing. Once I checked in my bags, I headed straight for security.

Security check was something crazy. In Atlanta, you had to take your shoes off, take out anything that would possibly set off anything - but only in Atlanta. In Paris and Bulgaria, you didn't have to do that. I think the reason why is that the Americans just like to smell people's feet. Ok --- once through all that. . . it was down hill from there.

The plane - - - - is not bad at all. Take off is actually quite fun, since it feels like a roller coaster. Airplance food is actually quite tasty!! I mean, it's no 5 star place - but it's quite good.

BUT . . . WHILE on the flight - there was a verbal fight between a French lady and an American woman. They both had to have translators to get their points across . . which I honestly could not stop laughing at.

I got no sleep what so ever on Air France. I sat next to two Germans, and they were crazy.

And then . . . 30 minutes before we landed - the two ladies got into yet another fight. I honestly wanted to throw something at them.

Once I got to Paris - - - which took 8 hours to get to from Atlanta - - - I was apart of the group that had to get on the Bulgarian Air Plane from Paris. This lay over was horrible. Nothing went right - nothing was fun - and nothing worked out the way we planned. BUT we definitely got on there, thanks be to our professors. That story has to be told . . . not written.

Once on Bulgarian Air - I finally got some sleep. All 20 minutes. That flight was almost 3 hours.

Once we got in Sofia, Bulgaria - we had to take a bus to get to the city. That ride was 2 hours or so. It was interesting. . .

The city I'm staying in is quite interesting. . . I'll take a lot of pictures, but it'll be a little while before I can load them.

Well..... that's all for day 1/2.

No comments:

Post a Comment